Sunday, May 24, 2009

Arrival in England!

Back in the realm of Strongbow and Heineken on tap, ahh =]

My flight was alright, minus the part where these little kids were sitting behind me who kept shrieking and kicking. I felt bad and didn't want to say anything because they were so little, like two and six, but every time I fell asleep, they'd kick me awake. Srsly, by the end of it, I was ready to punt one down the aisle. The girl sitting next to me was super sweet, though. She just graduated from Taylor High School (I keep meeting Taylor grads this summer!) and is studying in Rome, too.

I had to wait for Jessica at Heathrow for like two hours, but we managed to navigate the series of tube and train rides just fine. Dragging 70 lbs of luggage up and down stairs and on and off trains was such a pain, though. We were really worried we were going to PTFO on the train from Victoria to Brighton so were totes dead by the time Kristin picked us up from the Falmer Station and basically took a nap as soon as we got to her flat.

We took a bus into Brighton when we woke up, got dinner (lamb doner kebab, mm!) and went to the Brighton pier to hang out, meet some other Uni. Sussex people, and see the fireworks for the finale of Brighton Festival or whatever. We're still pretty beat from all that travelling (14 straight hours, BALLS) so now we're just lying around in Kristin's room with Strongbow and talking. I think we're going back into Brighton tomorrow to explore the Lanes and stuff. I can't believe I'm in Europe, AHHH!

[back-posted from 6/11/2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment