Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rottingdean and Digital

We went to the Lanes yesterday, and I practiced dressing like a Brit: short dress, big belt, and tights. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty adorbs, haha. We had lunch (Scottish smoked salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber sandwich!) in this cute courtyard by a fountain (where we spent fifteen minutes taking pictures of making wishes, haha), got red velvet cupcakes from a cupcake shop called Angel Food Bakery, visited the Royal Pavilion, stopped for tea, and had dinner at Wagamama's (Japanese fusion!) with some of Kristin's Uni. Sussex friends (I like how it sounds like all we did was eat all day, but that's all I can remember!). It was raining that night, so we just went to the East Slope Bar where I tried cider black for the first time: Strongbow with blackcurrant flavoring, SO GOOD. Things got sillay pretty quick, considering who the three of us. It deteriorated into secret-telling and tickle-fighting back in Kristin's dorm, aka all the things that make up a good girly sleepover!

Today, we went to Rottingdean and then back in Brighton for some shopping. Kristin insisted that someplace had "THE BEST cream tea in the world!" in Rottingdean, which is why we went, and holy balls was it amazing: shepherd's pie, tea, and scones with clotted cream and jam! Artery-clogging, but amazing. I'd never had shepherd's pie before or clotted cream, but I basically inhaled it, haha. Kristin told us that there are like 700 cal in a tablespoon of clotted cream, JEEZ, kill me now. We also explored the beach for a little bit, which was all sorts of danger (climbing huge piles of rocks in flats = dumb), but superrr gorgeous.

Later that night, we wound up going out to this club called Digital with one of Kristin's friends, who actually reminded us all so much of Robin, it was eerie. European club music is pretty silly (Jessica and I kept catching each other's eye, like "WTF are we listening to?" and LOLing), but it was a lot of fun. Well, minus the part where apparently English girls all wear hooker heels. One girl in stilettoes stepped on me and I almost knocked her the fuck out, but now I have this intense bruise on my foot, ugh. Srsly, I don't think anything gets me more feisty than large oppressive crowds, haha. Also, I got pulled into a dance-off with some random dude? Awk. All in all, super fun, but we got back to Uni. Sussex at like 3:30 AM, and when the sun comes up at 4 AM, it makes trying to fall asleep bloody torturous, haha.

[back-posted from 6/11/2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment