Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anima, Sant'Ivo alla Sapienza, Sant'Andrea della Valle, and Sant'Agnese

Alright, I really need to take a sidebar here, so Italy, darling, let's have a talk. Let me first say, I adore you: your brilliant sun and dazzling blue skies, your awe-inspiring historical and archaeological magnificence, your sprawling countryside and breathtaking vistas, your delectable pastas, incredible cappuccinos and rich gelato... dare I even say it? I love you. There. The L-word. That's quite the commitment I'm making to you. Buuut your countrymen. Oh, but your creepy-ass, disrespectful, lecherous countrymen. The fact that I'm not wearing a nun's habit does not give you license to leer at me or stare at my chest. Saying "konichiwa" will get you nowhere; fuck you, I'm not Japanese, assholes. "Ni hao" isn't much better, either; I'm an American, not a fobby Asian tourist. I'm sick of getting "Ciao, bella!"-ed every time I leave my apartment; that's NOT okay (fine, unless you're a West Point cadet =P). To the very few cute Italian boys at clubs: if I'm dancing with my girlfriends, don't get all grabby on me! If I wanted to dance with you, I would; otherwise, keep your goddamn hands to yourself. Of all the things about Italy, I will NOT miss the Italian men.

[-Deep breath-]

ANYWAY, going out last night was a monumental success! I had basically napped all afternoon and therefore hadn't eaten anything since 3 PM, but surprisingly, that didn't turn out as disastrously as I'd feared, haha. Vicki led us (Christopher, Megan, Ashley, me, the slumdogs, and the Three Stooges) to a little club called Anima just past Piazza Navona. There weren't very many people when we got there, but they had 1 euro ladies' shots before midnight, which was awesome. They also played fairly mainstream, dance-able music, so hurrah for that, too. Then, just past midnight or so, people just started pouring in, and it turned into a legit dance party whic I've been wanting desperately. Two of the Three Stooges lamed out on us and bailed early (AHEM) and the handsy Italian boys were kind of irritating (thanks to Royce for saving my ass so many times, LOL), but all in all, AMAZING night! We're defs heading back tonight and tomorrow night, and hopefully checking out another club nearby.

Today, we visited tons of Renaissance and Baroque churches; the ones in the title are just the ones I remember. Also, our guest speaker was super adorable; I really liked her. We finished fairly early, like around noon, so KG treated us all to gelato and we just hung around Piazza Navona eating our gelato and talking. Ashley and I finished our TC rewrites, watched some HIMYM because she and Meagan were locked out of their apartment, and we just finished a "review" for HUM at the AIRC.

Now I'm about to head back to Via Rasella so Stephen and I can go to Termini and PICK UP KRISTIN! We're all going to dinner at Da Baffetto, getting gelato, and then maybe going out tonight, can't wait! Also, David just complimented my singing which made my day that much brighter, LOL. I LOVE this "living life balls to the wall" mentality, it's working out rull well now that I've resolved to not let shit hold me back =]

Ciao, and much love from Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment