Monday, June 22, 2009

Aqueducts, Porta Maggiore... and cold weather?

Yesterday wound up super chill because most people were working on their papers (aw, bbz... aka LAME) so picnicking at the Borghese Gardens didn't happen, but maybe we'll go tomorrow or Wednesday. I called my dad for Father's Day and I feel SO bad that's he's all alone (my mom and brother are in Taiwan, and I'm, well, here, obvi). I asked if he was going to go fishing or something and he was just like, "No, I have to work..." poor Daddy =[ Then we spent the afternoon at the AIRC because most people went out of town earlier this weekend and KG wanted to give us some time to work. Oh, and we gave him a Father's Day card from all of us which I think he was actually really touched by, aw. Then when we went back to Via Rasella, I cooked dinner for me, Ashley, and Royce, and we just hung out for a bit and watched HIMYM. And Royce did the dishes! Or at least he tried, haha.

We went out to a dig site this morning to see ancient Roman aqueducts. It's was pretty cool, but the "dig" was hella lame. They haven't officially started excavating yet, so all we got to do was pull weeds, basically. We went on another "Death March," and while it was defs more of a march than last time, the terrain was more level and weather was gorgeous so it was actually really enjoyable. We also climbed up on top of an aqueduct! Yay for Von Trapp family photos atop it, haha. Then we metro-ed it over to Porta Maggiore, which was kind of silly because we were only there for 20 minutes, but whatever. Plus, Shyam and I got samosas, pakoras, and sweet chutney for super cheap on our lunch break and it was delicious!

I've been at the AIRC for like the past few hours now, but mostly playing and catching up with people. We have two more papers due tomorrow, and I've got all my sources and everything, but since I cranked out the last two in four hours and still rocked good grades on both, I'm playing the "how long can I put these off for, and still finish them in time and do well?" game. I don't know whether or not it's a good thing that I'm usually AWESOME at this game, haha.

Also, it's COLD in Roma right now, WTF? Unacceptable! The Weather Channel says 70 degrees but that's bullshit, it's definitely colder. Ashley and I are sitting in the AIRC library shivering our butts off, haha.

And since today is Monday, it's officially our last week in Roma, whaaaat? Five and a half weeks abroad sounded like such a long time but now that I'm starting the fifth, I can hardly believe how it's flown by. I still need to throw a coin in the Trevi to ensure I'll be back! Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on how little time is left, but instead, I'm living balls to the wall and savoring every last minute (I like how many people "liked" that on my facebook status, except Connor corrected me with "ovaries to the wall," LOL)! So I'm cranking out these last two papers tonight, but we want to pub-crawl tomorrow night, then Kristin gets in Wednesday! And I want to get the finals prompts outlined early, too, so we can do it up big one last time Thursday night before Kristin, Stephen and I take off for Greece (!!!) Friday night after our farewell dinner. SO. Here's to our final hurrahs in Roma =]

Ciao, and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment