Saturday, June 20, 2009

Forum of Augustus, Castel Sant'Angelo, Corso

Seriously, this is what life should always be like in Italy. Ashley and I have just been kickin' it back and taking it easy these past two days, like taking naps, cooking dinner together, watching way more HIMYM than anyone needs to at once, sleeping in, and shopping ("Dear ____, I met someone in Rome..." LOL). It's just been really fun and relaxing. Not that I wouldn't love to visit Venice or Cinque Terre (again), like a lot of the others are doing this weekend, but I can't really afford another weekend trip. I just tell myself Venice is smelly and sinking, haha, and besides, I'll be in Greece in a week!

Last Thursday was a superrr long day, looking at the Forum of Augustus and Castel Sant'Angelo. We got to actually go down INTO the Forum of Augustus; standing on the podium of the Temple of Mars Ultor was pretty damn cool. Getting back home from Castel Sant'Angelo was a pain, though. We were all already so tired, and it took like an hour to navigate all the buses back so I was just kind of grumpy and irritated, haha.

But then that night, [almost] all of us went to dinner at L'Archetto, the pizza place that Shyam & co. have been hyping up, which was SO good, holy crap. Kristin, we're taking you when you come next week! They seriously have like a hundred different kinds of spaghetti, and it's absolutely delicious. Then after dinner, some of us went to Frigidarium (where I had Baileys gelato the first time). I got strawberry and crema Florentina with whipped cream on top this time, and we went and sat in Piazza Navona to eat our gelato and just hang out.

We had yesterday off, so most of the group went to either Venice or Cinque Terre for the weekend. Only Ashley and I were left in Roma so we took it easy, I did laundry and took a nap, and we went to the AIRC for a bit. On the way back, we dropped by the place with a million different kinds of limoncello and the girl who worked there was super nice to us and let us try all kinds of different stuff, like limoncello and meloncello and some strawberry cream stuff that tasted like Tequila Rose, which we got. We basically had a girly slumber party, haha.

Today, we accidentally slept wayyy in, but then we went out shopping! We stopped for cappuccinos and croissants at a little place by the Trevi fountain (and didn't get creeped on by the dudes in there, for once). We basically wandered all up and down Corso, and I finally got to visit the Spanish Steps. We also wandered down some street that was basically ridiculous: Bvlgari, Gucci, YSL, Prada, Cartier... if I ever win the lottery, that's where I'm going, haha. On the way back, we stopped at the same place we went this morning, and grabbed some pizza.

Now I'm going to try to work on next week's papers for a little bit, and since Vicki, Harvey, and David came back late last night (poor Vicki had no idea where I went last night, haha), we're all going to do dinner together tonight, maybe go on a gelato run, and Ashley and I really want to try out what we're calling our strawberrycello, haha. I can't believe this is my last week in Roma, I will literally BE IN GREECE in one week! Here's to living balls to the wall and doing it up big in Europe =]

Ciao, and much love from Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment