Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Midterms, the Pantheon, and Ostia

Gah, even missing a day leaves me super behind on blogging, much less missing two! So Monday were our midterms, but Ashley and I had finished our outlines Sunday night. We slept in Monday morning, and got cappuccinos and reviewed some beforehand. The midterms themselves weren't so bad, and then that night was dinner at the American Academy which was AMAZING! We all got dolled up, which was a lot of fun. Well, most of us (you know who you are, boys, GET TO MY LEVEL!) KG's only warning about drinking was to "be responsible," so we defs got good and giggly, haha. We went to a gelato place in Trastevere afterward, and a picture of last year's P2Rome group was still on the bulletin board! Then some of us Phased 10 when we got back to the apartments. Gooood night, all in all.

Yesterday, we were supposed to go to the Forum of Augustus but they wouldn't let us in, so we're going back Thursday. We visited Malta, though (LOL); I'll be able to say I've been to seven countries this year alone! Then we went to the Pantheon for Stephen's presentation, and to Circo Massimo, where KG had some of the boys form my quadriga, haha. I was super tired afterward, so I took a crash nap before heading back to the AIRC to work on my papers. I'm not gonna lie, I was totes unproductive, and Royce and I got cappuccinos at Glass on the way back to Via Rasella. So srsly, I think LASA or Plan II or being a LibArts major or SOMETHING has turned me into a paper-BSing CHAMP, haha. All the business/engineering bbz freak out super early about theirs, but I cranked both mine out between 8:30 PM and 12:30 AM, which included dinner and breaks to reread Eclipse. I don't know so much that that's something to be proud of, but whatevs, haha.

Today was sooo long, we met at Barberini at 8:15 AM to catch the metro and train to Ostia. Vicki and I had been up until like 3:30 the night before just catching up and having a good ol' R4L bonding-sesh (which Harvey said he could overhear some of, LOL) so this morning was pretty rough, especially without my daily cappuccino. The heat got pretty miserable, although not unbearable. I mean, c'mon, I marched in high school, haha. Anyway, it was tiringgg trucking through Ostia, most of us took naps just at the cafeteria tables duringl lunch, haha. And we were supposed to be done by 2 PM, but we defs didn't get back to the AIRC until like 4.

Anyway, I need to print these papers out. I can't decide if I want to take a cold shower or a nap, or watch Dark Knight with the boys, but I'm glad this week is almost over. Vodka tonics with Meagan tonight, although another hell day tomorrow, but then long weekend!

Ciao, and much love from Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment